"I think this says it all... I bought it at Spencer's Gifts."
A new season of 'The Office' kicked off last night. Life is good.
Along with the premier of 'Lost' this is an event night for our family. If we actually knew anybody in this town yet who watches it too, we would've thrown a party.
Not only did we get a full hour that included the answer to all your Jim and Pam romantic cliffhanger questions, but we also got to watch Michael hit someone with his car and host a killer "race for the cure" fun run...for rabies, complete with rubber wrist bands and a "big check" made out to "Science" for $345, handed to a stripper "nurse" Michael mistakes for the real thing.
A few top moments in case you missed "Fun Run":
- Michael ties his get-well-soon balloons to Meredith's IV tubes, tries to reinsert IV, gets yelled at by nurse.
- Michael orders Phyllis to assemble an "until there's a cure" rabies quilt. The first couple squares feature a raccoon foaming at the mouth and a wild dog with a cat in its mouth.
- Andy employs Scotch tape in the age-old battle against nipple chafing.
- Andy drafts off Kevin during the race, shortly before nipples begin to bleed.
- Dwight's .357 Magnum "starter gun."
- Michael "carbo-loads" pre-race on two pounds of fettuccine.
- Michael vomits on the finish line, garage-sale lamp "trophy" held high.
ANGELA: Dwight said he put Sprinkles in the freezer after she died, but there was fur everywhere and my frozen French fries were torn to shreds.
CREED: Ive been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and follower... You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.
MICHAEL: Attention, everybody. I have an important announcement--
OSCAR: You pushed Darrel out a window.
PHYLLIS: You shot Dwight.
MICHAEL: Not funny. I love my employees. Even though I ran over one of you with my car.
DWIGHT: At least it was only Meredith.
MICHAEL: Yes it was only Meredith, thank God. but did you see the way they were looking at me? Like I was a murderer or something.
MICHAEL: Kelly, you're a Hindu so you worship Buddha, right?
KELLY: No, Buddhists worship Buddha.
MICHAEL: Are you sure?
PAM: [into phone] Hello, Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Fun Run Race for The Cure, May I help you?
MICHAEL: [whispers urgently] Pro-Am!
MICHAEL: Pro! Am!
PAM: [into phone] Pro-Am fun race... They hung up.
DWIGHT: Meredith, just blink twice if you want me to pull your plug.
MEREDITH: Please don't unplug anything, Dwight.
Oh yeah... We're in for another good season.
Catch the full "Fun Run" episode here.