Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You can still rock in America...


One benefit of liberals running the media is the joy to be found in hijacking their material. I smile every time I hear Chrissie Hynde's "My City was Gone" because I know how much it must burn her biscuits that most people know it only as Rush Limbaugh's theme song.

You see it a lot on the campaign trail, where it's the sorry excuse for a Republican candidate who doesn't get at least one angry cease-and-desist for using some bootleg tune at a rally. (I loved watching McCain's use of "Right Now" lead to a minor flareup of the bad blood between right-leaning Sammy Hagar, who thought it was "cool," and members of his former backup band, Van Halen, who grumbled about "no permission" asked.)

It may be early, but I've got a good soundtrack suggestion for whoever's headlining for the GOP in 2012.

Yes, after watching President Barry's health care press conference/disinformation event tonight, I'm tired of laughing him off. I know we need to pace ourselves, but I'm in rebel mode right now, and this one is just what the doctor ordered. Can't miss with rage-powered lyrics like:
What if I say I'm not like the others!
What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays?
You're the pretender!
What if I say I will never surrender!!
A kickin' song. A killer video. Suitable for killing Taliban or raging against the Obama machine... I give you Foo Fighter's supremely stealable The Pretender. (And when Dave Grohl calls to cry about it, put phone to speaker and crank it to 11.)


(Video missing? Watch it here on YouTube.)

No comments: