Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jihad Johnny 5?


Twin-turban engines!

A primary reason we've always been able to dominate Haji on the battlefield is our technological superiority. Superiority's not even the right word. There's no comparison. We can kill a heat signature the size of a rabbit with the push of a button half a world away. The best they can do is fly a plane into a building or rig the occasional cell phone to detonate Russian hand-me-down munitions.

For that reason, this headline only made me laugh.

Then I got to thinking how easy it would be to make a flying, ringtone-activated IED. How much damage one could do, say, at Yankee Stadium or a 4th of July concert in D.C.

And if I'm thinking it, you know a few cave-dwellers out in the Hindu Kush are thinking it, too.

Great idea for a movie for sure. (Don't even think about it. I gots dibs.)

No comments: