Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike hates brown people



There's nothing funny about the storm set to pulverize Texas, but how can you not get a smile from something CNN en Español's Glenda Umaña actually just said on Gringo CNN...
"There is a clear and strong alert from Homeland Security to illegal immigrants: 'Please evacuate.' "
Actually, she said "Home Security," but that's a whole nuther joke. And I'm not racist.

Actually, she said "Ham Secoorty," but that's a whole nuther nuther joke. And, seriously, I'm not racist.

In all seriousness though, despite the name of this blog, our prayers do go out to the approximately 25% of people down there in at least one area reportedly still in Ike's way after declining to evacuate.

Somehow, I have a feeling I'd be one of them if I didn't have a family to worry about. In fact, I'd probably be out on a longboard right about now. (Sadly, I can guarantee I'd be the dork in the photo above.)

No comments: