Friday, May 4, 2007

I'd like to thank the Akadhemi...

Don't know why I bother drawing attention to these hacks anywmore. It's not like anybody's ever going to watch this s--t.

From IMDB:

"Taxi to the Darkside, directed by Alex Gibney, received the $25,000 for top documentary [at the sixth annual Tribeca Film Festival Thursday night]. The film describes the fatal beating of an Afghan taxi driver by U.S. guards in 2002 and other alleged cases of abuse in Guantánamo, Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan and Abu Ghraib in Iraq. Taking note of the fact that the Tribeca Film Festival was founded out of a sense of purpose following the 9/11 attack, Gibney said in accepting the award: 'I fear that along the way that sense of purpose and hope for a better world was hijacked by some people who played on our fears and in a way took us on a journey to the dark side.' "

So let me get this straight. Islamic mass murderers filled us with hope for a better world on Sept. 11, 2001... The only hijacking involved was done by America... And now we've taken the world on a journey to the dark side...

I'd respond if I hadn't just blown out an eyeball reading this the second time.

No comments: