Monday, July 30, 2007

Siskel & Ebert (& Roeper) online


As great as a some of the recurring guest hosts on "Ebert & Roeper" have been in Roger's absence, I really miss the true Godfather of Movie Geeks' keister wedged into his regular seat in the balcony every week. Have to say, I still miss Gene even more.

So if you're like me, you've circled this Thursday, Aug. 2, on your calendar in heavy-point red Sharpie after the show's major announcement this week.

Roger himself (while a long, long way from returning to TV as far as I can tell) will host an online chat at 5 p.m. PST to launch a new video archive of every episode of the show in existence going back to the "At the Movies" debut in the 1970s.

It seems we'll be able to search by actor, director, movie title, etc. Sounds too good to be true. But they haven't yet referred to this as a premium service or not, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Log onto the Website here Thursday to be part of the fun.

No comments: