Thursday, December 13, 2007

I love it when a plan comes together


...and I can't believe my parents never let me watch this

With Singleton on board, gotta admit I'm looking forward to this. Nervously, but I'm looking forward to it. Because this one could go both ways.
The new "A-Team" will be updated from the Vietnam era and reflect contemporary issues and politics. Tone of the film will be less cartoony and more serious, in the vein of "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon."
Every other TV update trying to out ham the hamminess of the original -- Boss Hogg, Uncle Jed, I'm looking at you -- has been a total disaster. The change in tone is justified here and could result in a killer flick.

Obviously, the team itself will be a sympathetic bunch of Iraq vets. Cool enough. As long as they aren't walking around with an anti-American chip on their shoulder, or battling the shock troops of a cackling, cat-petting Donald Rumsfeld, all is good.

And Murdock better be ha-ha funny, not PTSD funny. (I pity the foo who tries to draft a chick into the team, too. You know it'll happen.)

Casting will be the next bit of fun to contemplate here. Stay tuned.

No comments: