Thursday, November 20, 2008

No McConaughey as Magnum P.I.


Not happening

I was okay with the prospect, but this is good news.
"...But lo and behold I don’t have to get angry at the prospect of the star of “Surfer Dude” playing Magnum. Brian Grazer just told me it’s not happening. So it’s not going to be McConaughey, I asked? “No,” he said. “I think the idea for ‘Magnum P.I.’ is to find a counterpoint, to not try and find the new Tom Selleck but to find someone that is just so different that you go, oh my God! That guy is Magnum?!?”
Again, nothing against Matthew McConaughey, but I've already cracked this pineapple for you, Mr. Brian Grazer. Behold my stroke of casting genius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a better job for Matthew McConaughey. James Bond. Give him a British accent and slap him in there.
That franchise is blindly stumbling around trying to find someone to fill Sean Connery's shoes. I'd argue Roger Moore did a respectable job. Pierce Brosnan? He had "the look," but they couldn't hide his small stature.
Daniel Craig totally lacks Connery's lantern jaw and chisled looks.
--CI Photog

Splash said...

I think Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery. Haven't seen QOS yet, but I hear it fails mainly in the areas of its predictable politics (Big Oil = Evil) and in trying too hard to be the next Bourne flick as opposed to classic Bond. Then again, I love the Bourne flicks, so...