Monday, November 17, 2008

Obama wins big at the Obama Music Awards


Obama... Because millions of music fans can't be wrong

Like most people with brains, I stopped watching MTV long ago. It hasn't been relevant since roughly 1987 anyway (though Kurt Loder's online film reviews remain some of the best around).

I accidentally caught a couple minutes of MTV's European Music Awards last night. Less than two, actually. I've never seen so much red, white and blue in my life.

It would have done my heart good, too, had it not been for the wall-to-wall graven images Jumbotron renderings of the god Apollo President Elect Barack Obama grinning like an idiot smiling down on it all.

Less than two minutes and we had Obama plastered on the walls, across clothing and in an acceptance speech.

Surprising? Significant? No. I just wanted to point out that these are the same people who also voted this guy "Best Act Ever."

No comments: